Savoury crepes filled with asparagus…
Delicious savoury crepes filled with asparagus and drizzled with a light sauce, these are a great way to use this springtime vegetable.
Plant Based / Contains Nuts
400ml Soya Milk
2 tbsp Margarine or Vegetable Oil
4 tbsp all Purpose Flour
1 tbsp Ground Nutmeg
2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 tbsp Chopped Parsley
- In a saucepan, mix the margarine with the flour over a low heat until creamy.
- In a separate pan, boil the milk with the nutmeg and gradually add to the flour mix. Stir to avoid lumps.
- Continue to stir until the sauce has thickened and boil for a few minutes then remove from the heat, add the nutritional yeast and salt to taste and set aside.
- Mix the pancake ingredients together and whisk until the batter is smooth with no lumps.
- Cook the crepes and set aside.
- Boil the asparagus for 4 minutes in boiling water. Drain and rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Fill each crepe with asparagus and sauce. Add sauce to the bottom of a baking dish and line the crepes up inside.
- Cover the pancakes with sauce and bake for 10 minutes.