Date and almond filled filo pastry parcels served beautifully with fresh figs…
These tasty little treats promise to be a tasty and addictive addition for any Christmas table.
Plant Based / Contains Nuts
100g pitted Medjool Dates
100g Ground Almonds
Zest of 1 Orange
Juice of 1/2 Orange
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
5 sheets Filo Pastry
Caster Sugar and Cinnamon for garnish (optional)
- Pre heat the oven at 170°C.
- In a food processor, blend the dates with the almonds, orange juice, zest and cinnamon and divide the mix into 10 parts.
- Cut the filo sheets into 20 squares measuring 12cm x 12 cm.
- Brush half of the squares with melted butter and sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon and sugar. Top each with a plain square at an angle to make a star shape.
- Brush each star with melted butter and sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon and sugar.
- Add filling to the centre of each star and bring the pastry upwards to wrap.
- Line a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with fresh figs and pomegranate seeds.