Treat your Mum with this fluffy mango sponge cake with a vanilla twist…
Mothers day is upon us and we have this intensely flavourful vanilla sponge and mango cake recipe. The combination of mangoes and vanilla adds to the aroma, resulting in a moist cake that is sure to impress.
Plant based/<br>nut free
180g Plain Flour
60g Tapioca Flour
130g Caster Sugar
15g Baking Powder
1 pinch of Salt
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
150ml Soya Milk
120g Sunflower Oil
2 tbsp Caster Sugar
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C and line an eight inch heart shaped cake tin with baking paper.
- Add the wet ingredients to a bowl and whisk vigorously. Sieve the dry ingredients into a bowl and then add to the wet ingredients. Mix well and pour into the cake tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes, remove from the tray and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, peel and destone the mango, cut into small cubes and add to a small saucepan on medium heat with the water and sugar. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the mango starts to dissolve and creates a chunky jam.
- When the cake is completely cool, cut in half horizontally, fill with the mango filling and cover the cake with the marzipan.
- Decorate as desired.