A delicious cheesecake with an exotic twist…
When it comes to dessert, there’s nothing better than a cheesecake to satisfy that sweet tooth. However, this is no ordinary cheesecake. With a fruity twist, this is made up of papaya and pink pomelo with a filling that contains tofu and coconut milk, so try this healthier non-dairy alternative to satisfy those tastebuds.
200g Digestive Biscuits, crushed
75g Butter or Margarine, melted
260g firm Tofu
185g canned Coconut Milk (refrigerate before use and only use the solid part, discard the liquid)
170g Caster Sugar
Fresh Pomelo Flesh
- Mix together the crushed biscuits with the margarine. Press the mixture into the base of a 6 inch cake tin or spring form pan.
- In a small saucepan on a very low heat, dissolve the agar agar in 100ml of water.
- In a food processor, process the tofu, coconut milk, sugar, papaya and the agar agar mixture until smooth.
- Spoon the tofu mixture over the biscuit base and smooth the surface. Chill for 1 hour or until set.
- Top with plenty of fresh pomelo flesh.